Waffle Saturday--Upgrade!

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Mr. Schwartz and I have Waffle Saturdays whenever we are at home Saturday mornings.  I will ask "waffles for breakfast?" and Mr. Schwartz will reply "is it Saturday?"  Yes, always waffles.  It usually goes that Mr. Schwartz will make the waffles since I make dinner every night because I get home from work before he does.  Our rule is the cook doesn't clean--well clean everything I guess.

So today I thought I'd switch things up and make waffles for us.  I had a little idea pop into my head when I woke up this morning--Almond Poppyseed Waffles.  Just the addition of two little ingredients and wow a whole new waffle is created.

Musical Selection: Stole My Heart by Little and Ashley.  Just a cute little tune for a Saturday morning cooking for my lovie.  Guess I'm really cheesy today.  Oh well....
Start by mixing up a batch of your favorite waffles from a mix.  The yield on the recipe I used said it will make 12 4" waffles. You can totally make waffles from scratch but we use this huge bag from Costco.  My mom always made home-made waffles from her orange Betty Crocker cookbook which I believe she received as a wedding present.  You can find the page by looking for the one that is vegetable oil stained.
After you mix up a batch of waffles add a teaspoon of poppy seeds. I love poppy seeds.  In dressing, desserts, now waffles. I love them. Please mail, forward, fax, email, telegram me your favorite poppy seed recipes! I need them. 
Then add a 1/2 of a teaspoon of almond extract.  
Cook waffles as directed on whatever directions you are using. 
Serve with maple syrup (we use the less sugar Target brand--awesome stuff!)

Happy Waffle Saturday! 

Almond Poppy Seed Waffles

1 Recipe for waffles
1 teaspoon poppy seeds
1/2 teaspoon almond extract 
Butter/margarine
Maple syrup 

Preparation 
Prepare waffles as directed on package.  
Mix in poppy seeds and almond extract.
Cook as directed.
Top with butter or margarine and maple syrup 
Enjoy!!! 

Recipe by: Mrs. Schwartz 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs