Grilled Breakfast Burritos

Friday, May 18, 2012


I'm a planner.  I plan everything from meals to weekly schedules far in advance.  It makes me feel less anxious knowing what is going to happen, even if that is a Taco Salad for lunch.  I also really enjoy thinking about what I'm going to have for a meal before I have it.  

Today I am doing you a little favor for planning if you are like me--this is your breakfast tomorrow.  It is absolute heavenly Saturday morning perfection.  You can thank me after you try it.  

Musical Selection: The Show by: Lenka
Let's get started shall we? Crack a few eggs into a bowl
Season with salt and pepper
Stir together with a fork
And pour into a skillet on medium heat
Scramble, scramble, scramble.
Dice up some ham and cheese
Lay your tortillas out on a large plate and line with some of those scrambled eggs
Add some ham
And cheese.  This one was for Mr. Schwartz, he has a thing for American cheese
Fold up the top and bottom like so
Then fold in the sides.  Not easy to do while taking a picture
It should look something like this.  I'm sure yours will be neater.
Pop it in a panini press
And grill away.  If you don't have a panini press, you can use a large skillet and place another large skillet on top of it.  You just want the pressed/grilledness that a panini press delivers.
That's what I'm talking about.
Serve with salsa for dipping. 
Happy weekend.


Grilled Breakfast Burritos
(makes four smaller burritos)

4 eggs
Salt and pepper
4 tortillas (we use whole wheat)
4 slices of ham, diced
1/2 cup pepper jack cheese, diced
1/4 cup American cheese tore into pieces
Salsa for serving

Preheat your panini press (or skillet if you are using this instead) to medium high heat.

Preheat a different skillet on medium heat.  Crack eggs into a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.  Stir together with a fork.  Pour into the skillet on medium heat and scramble the eggs.

Place the tortillas on a large plate and line with eggs.  Top with ham and cheese and fold into a burrito (see above for step-by-step).

Place burritos on panini press and press until the cheese has melted and the outside is grilled/crunchy.  This takes about 2-3 minutes for me.  If you are using a skillet place burritos in skillet and top with another large heavy skillet to press them.

Serve with salsa and enjoy!

Recipe by: Mrs. Schwartz


5 comments :

  1. You're right...these are perfect for tomorrow morning, or any morning. :) I need to plan more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great!! Love the cheesy-goodness in the toasted crust tortilla.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The toasted crust of the tortilla is the best!

      Delete
  3. ok, these look amazing, and easy - and I'm no cook!
    I don't have a panini press, but I do have a Forman grill? Or, I can try your other idea...
    can't wait to try these out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darcie! They are really easy! I think the forman grill would work great as long as it is big enough to touch the top and bottom. Let me know how they turn out!

      Delete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs