Herb Risotto Cakes

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Remember when I posted this Herb Risotto and told you that I made something freaking awesome with the leftovers?  Well here they are.   I was thinking of what to make for dinner and asked Mr. Schwartz what he wanted.  His reply, "something simple, hot dogs?  What were you thinking."  Me:  "Oh, well either hot dogs or Herb Risotto Cakes."  Mr. Schwartz: "Yeah I was thinking either hot dogs or herb risotto cakes." 

I'm so glad we went with the risotto cakes. Don't get me wrong, I love a hot dog, but these things are out of this world.  Creamy in the middle with a golden crispy crust.  I might like these even better than the risotto the first day.  Hard to tell.  It was a perfect weeknight dinner along with a crisp green salad.  

Musical Selection:  Escape by: Enrique Inglesias.  I'm watching E! as I type this and he was just on…I needed to hear Escape immediately.  You're welcome. 
Pour about a cup of Italian seasoned bread crumbs onto a plate.
Using a cookie scoop (I used the Pampered Chef's muffin scoop) portion out little balls of the leftover risotto. 
Take it between your hands and smash it so it makes a flat patty.
Flip it over in the breadcrumbs.  Make sure you get the edges as well.
Breaded.
Preheat a large skillet with butter and a drizzle of olive oil.
Place the cakes in the skillet and pan fry them until they are golden brown on each side.  Flip them gently as a few of mine fell apart.
A few minutes later and you will have these perfect golden brown risotto cakes.
I have no words. 
Nope, none at all.

Herb Risotto Cakes
Left over Herb Risotto (recipe found: here)
1 cup (more or less depending on how much risotto you have left) Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons olive oil

Pour the breadcrumbs onto a plate.

Portion out balls of the risotto, flatten into patties.  Flip the cakes in the breadcrumbs, make sure to get the sides as well.

Preheat a large skillet on medium high heat and melt the butter and olive oil.

Place the cakes into the skillet and pan fry until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side.  Flip carefully as they fall apart easily.

Enjoy!

Recipe by: Mrs. Schwartz

2 comments :

  1. Oh I am drooling now :). I can imagine these with chopped artichokes or sauteed mushrooms stuffed inside them :).
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been so long since I have had risotto! You're making me want to make an enormous batch to eat with dinner and then make risotto cakes. Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs