Creamy Tortellini Pasta

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I made this pasta while my husband had his Fantasy Football draft last night.  During this two hour process, he yelled, cheered, asked my opinion on who to draft and didn't take anything I said into consideration.  For about 2.5 seconds he took a break and scarfed down this pasta.  I asked him what I should name it and he said "awesome."  Helpful.  

So, take it from the football obsessed (yay, it's that time of year again, right?) Mr. Schwartz, this pasta is "awesome."  
 Start by chopping up a few shallots.  If you aren't super fancy like me (ha right--I had these from the farmer's market at work), just use a 1/2 of a small onion.
 Melt some butter in a large skillet.
 Add in the shallots/onion
 Chop up some garlic, add that too.  Let this cook for about 2 minutes.
 Chop up some prosciutto.
 Add that to the pan.  Let this brown a bit for about 2-3 minutes.
 Get yo pasta out.  I used two different kinds and it was perfection.
 Boil up some water, add pasta.  Cook as directed--mine took 2.5 minutes.
 Browned.
 Add some cream.
 Grated parmesan cheese
 Tomato paste.  Ahhh I love tomato paste in a tube!!!! Ps. It's only $1 at Trader Joe's!
 Black pepper--don't mind my chipped nail.  Yeah, I know it's SHELLAC and didn't last a week. It's tough being a girl.
 Salt
 Tons of frozen peas.  Ah, I love peas.  Mr. Schwartz doesn't--too bad, he was too busy Fantasy Footballing to give his input :)
 Add the pasta back into the pan
 Toss.
 Ta-da!
It really is awesome.

Creamy Tortellini Pasta 

2 tablespoons butter
3 large shallots or 1/2 small onion
3 large cloves of garlic
2/3 cup proscuitto
2 10 oz packages refrigerated tortellini pasta
1 1/2 cups cream (you could sub some half and half instead)
1 generous cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 cups (give or take, I like a lot of peas) frozen peas

In a large skillet melt the butter on medium heat.  Add the chopped shallots and garlic.  Let this cook for about 2 minutes.  After two minutes add the prosciutto and let this cook for about 3 minutes.

Meanwhile, boil the water and cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.

Add the cream, cheese, salt and pepper, tomato paste and peas to the large skillet.  Let this bubble and warm through.  Add the pasta to the large skillet and toss to coat.

Serve in a big bowl and enjoy!

Recipe by: Mrs. Schwartz

2 comments :

  1. Wow!!You have been busy making MY kind of food. Calzones yesterday and pasta salad today! YUM! And I would LOVE tomato paste in a tube. Wonder if it is sold anywhere around my area of Kansas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking for this recipe with proper making details and I think I found it.Thanks for sharing.
    Tortellini recipes

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs