Sunday, September 2, 2012

Beergartitas

These Beergaritas are life changing. I'm not kidding.  I didn't like to "sip" on tequila until I had these bad boys a few years back at my friend Heather's Bachelorette party.  True story.  I was a total tequila shot lady, whatever it took to get it down the hatch--absolutely no sipping.  Until this refreshing, slushy concoction graced my lips.  Game over.  Total tequila sipper now.  
Load up your blender with ice.
Dump in a can of limeade concentrate.
Some tequila
Beer
And blend, splashing it everywhere.  Errr. I need a new blender.  Vitamix, where you at?  Just kidding…kinda. Wait, no not really.
Using a lime, go all the way around the rim
Dip in coarse salt
Rimmed.  Then pour your Beergarita in and serve.
Slurp. 
Slurp. 
Cheers.

Oh and if you are making these for a party, you could totally do it ahead of time, secure the lid and pop them in the freezer like these Slushy Make Ahead Lava Flow Cocktails.

Beergaritas
(makes 4 large drinks)
4 cups ice
1 can frozen limeade concentrate
3/4 cup tequila (more or less depending on how strong you want it)
3/4 cup beer
1 lime for rimming and garnish
Course salt

Add the ice, limeade concentrate, tequila and beer into the blender.  Blend until completely smooth.

Cut a lime into wedges and use a wedge all the way around the rim of your glass.  Dip in salt.  Pour Beergarita in and enjoy!

**If you are making these ahead of time for a party (or to just have on hand just in case), secure the lid and pop them in the freezer.  The tequila will keep them the perfect consistency.**

Recipe from: Holly Butler




6 comments:

  1. I know I totally want a Blendtec!... okay AND a Beergarita! I'm suddenly really thirsty, hmmmm ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These have that effect on people! : ) I make a whole batch, drink one...or maybe two then freeze what remains in mason jars. Then they are ready at my disposal!

      Delete
  2. These look amazing! I can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackie! I do have to say, they are pretty fantastic. Let me know if you give them a try! : )

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how this got deleted and I don't know how to get it back : ( . I totally want it to be summer again as well!

      Delete