Gluten Free Apple Pancake Dippers with Sweet Cider Syrup

Thursday, November 13, 2014




Is there anything more fall than apple?  Besides pumpkin, I really don't think there is!  Apple and cinnamon flavors immediately make me feel cozy and festive.  

Tastefully Simple sent me their new Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Pancake Mix and I was thrilled to try it out!  I don't need to eat gluten free foods but my brother did for a few years when he was in high school.  That was a while ago (I won't say how long go Jeff :) and there weren't a lot of gluten free options available and the ones that were--were terrible!  So I was intrigued to try these pancakes.  

We found that the pancakes had a surprisingly fluffy texture especially compared to the products I have tried in the past.  Not to mention these pancake dippers came together in a flash which is excellent when you are rushing to scarf down food while the baby sleeps! 

 I started off by following the directions on the package
 Pour the mix into a large bowl
 Add one egg
 Milk
 And whisk.
Let stand for 10 minutes and stir again
I scooped the batter into a very-well greased muffin tin and baked them for about 18 minutes. 
Meanwhile, I made a little Sweet Cider Syrup by using this Sweet Mulled Cider Mix
All I did was add it to plain old maple syrup and heated it on the stove while the dippers baked 
 And here is the finished product
 Fluffy Gluten Free Apple Pancake Dippers with a Sweet Cider Syrup
The perfect dip!


Gluten Free Apple Pancake Dippers with Sweet Cider Syrup 


For the dippers 
1 packet of the Gluten Free Apple Pancake Mix 
1 egg
1 cup milk
Cooking spray

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Combine the pancake mix, egg and milk in a large bowl with a whisk.  Let stand for 10 mins once it is combined.  After 10 minutes, stir again.

Then grease a regular sized muffin tin with cooking spray and scoop the batter into the tin.

Bake for 15-18 minutes or until they turn golden brown.


For the Sweet Cider Syrup

1 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon Sweet Mulled Cider Mix 

Combine the maple syrup and cider mix in a small sauce pan with a whisk.  Place on medium heat to warm.  Once it bubbles, it is done.

To serve, remove dippers from muffin tin and dip away!


Recipe by: Mrs. Schwartz



**DISCLOSURE: I was provided with free products with this post and was also compensated.  However, all opinions are my own.  As always, you cannot buy my love, baby.**




No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs