Crock Pot Italian Chicken

Friday, September 16, 2011

Let me just start by saying this has been the craziest week of work I have had since I started this job about a year and a half ago.  Along with the crazy week at work, I have been trying to get things ready for Mr. Schwartz's birthday party this weekend!!! To top off this week lets just say my keys ended up in my car without me in it....and the doors locked.  Oh dear. 

So, I needed something incredibly easy and hopefully fool proof for dinner tonight so I could focus on getting things set for the big par-tay.  I found this recipe who knows when and I actually forgot to keep the website from where I found it.  I know, tisk tisk I don' have anyone to credit for this wonder.  But let's just say this is very tasty and yes the easiest recipe I have posted to date.  Pop it in the crock pot in the morning, come home and all you have to do is boil water for some noodles.  

I would probably add an onion and maybe another packet of Italian seasoning.  But it really is great as is.  Give it a shot for a very simple weeknight meal.  

Musical Selection: Faster by Matt Nathanson.  I'm obsessed with this song. Can't stop listening to it. 
 Here is what you need. For real, 4 things.  Sorry for the horrible lighting in the beginning, these were taken this morning before the sun came up.
 First spray the heck out of your crock pot.  I'm a big fan of this--I hate cleaning crock pots.  Giving it a good spray will save your hands later on.
 Pop the chicken into the crock pot.  As you can see mine are a bit frozen yet and that is okay.  Season with a little salt and pepper.
 Mix the cream of chicken soup, cream cheese and Italian seasoning packet.  You can find these in the dressing isle of the grocery store.  The brand I use is Good Seasons.  Like I said before, I would probably add an additional packet...or maybe just a packet and a half.
 Heat on medium until incorporated.
 Pour over the chicken.
 Cover. Sorry, I guess I forgot to clean the outside of our crock pot after last time. Heat on low all day.  Or on medium/high for about 4 hours...I would keep checking it if you put it on high since I haven't tried it.
 EEEEK! I came home to this.  Oh good Lord!  I was really disappointed that I ruined it and that I would have to make something else.  But after stirring it....
 And it looked like this!! Awesome.  Sigh.
I added a little parsley for some color. With the noodles there was a whole lotta beige going on. 
 I thought the sauce was a little thick so I thinned it out with three small ladles of pasta water before draining it.  Use whatever pasta you have on hand.
 Top with parmesan cheese and additional parsley.
There you have it, simple easy weeknight dinner!  

Stay tuned for recipes from Mr. Schwartz's party this weekend!!! Maybe I'll post a few party pics as well! 

Have a great weekend! 

Super Easy Crock Pot Italian Chicken 
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts 
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 block (8oz) cream cheese
1 Italian Dressing Seasoning Packet (I used Good Seasons)
1 tablespoon dried parsley (optional)
Parmesan cheese for sprinkling (optional) 
1/2 of a cup (or so) of the water the noodles were cooked in
1 pound of noodles 

Spray crock pot with cooking spray. 

Add chicken. Season with salt and pepper. 

Mix soup, cream cheese and dressing packet in a sauce pan over medium heat.  Heat until combined and smooth. 

Pour sauce over chicken, cover. 

Cook over low heat all day (I put it on at 7:00am and got home around 5:30 and it was perfect)  

Shred chicken, cook pasta, add cooking water from pasta if too thick.  Add parsley. 

Serve sauce and chicken mixture over noodles.  

Enjoy!!! 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs