Reece's Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

This past weekend I was at Scrapbook Camp.  Yes, you read that correctly.  It was the whole sha-bang too; sleeping in bunk beds, eating in a dining hall, exchanging papers with each other and buying overpriced coffee to keep working until midnight or later.  I understand that this sounds completely dorky however, I really did have a great time.  

My mom and her cousin/s have been going for a while, then my Auntie Geri started going and lastly my sister (in-law) Emily and I joined in as well.  Unfortunately one of Em's twin girls got sick and she had to go home early but we did have a great time catching up chatting and laughing the days and nights away.  

Speaking of lady time, I do have one last recipe from the Lady Party I hosted earlier this month.  We had a boatload of Halloween candy left over so I figured I would put it to good use.  I made these Reece's Peanut Butter Cup Cookies and they were pretty unstoppable.  As most cookies these little babies are best straight out of the oven with a cold cup of milk.  

Musical Selection: Girlfriend by: Phoenix.  It just makes me so happy.

Start with the regular cookie base: butter and sugar...
Add your fav peanut butter.  This is mine, Natural Skippy.  Don't mind me while I take a spoon to that...
Add some brown sugar as well...
Combine until fluffy.
Add egg.
Add the vanilla.
Milk.  Confession: I used fat free 1/2 and 1/2.  Don't run out to buy 1/2 in 1/2 if you have milk, it will still turn out.
Huh, it appears that I did not take a single picture of sifting nor adding the dry ingredients.  I suppose that is pretty boring--but it does have to happen.  Add the dry ingredients gradually....let's get to the fun stuff....
Unwrap the Reece's.  And make sure not to eat any of them.  That is a strict order.
Chop em up. Again, don't eat any....I'm sure.
Stir in the Reece's with a rubber spatula.
Scoop onto a greased cookie sheet or a cookie sheet lined with a silpat mat.  Oh I love thee silpat mat.  For real, if you have a baker in your life that does not have one of these--THE perfect Christmas gift.  They will remember you every time their cookies and other baked goods come out perfectly.
8 minutes later these peanut buttery, chocolately, chewy nuggets will be all yours.

Alternative to pumpkin pie anyone?

Reece's Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 12 large chocolate covered peanut butter cups, unwrapped

  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  • Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda; set aside.
  • Cream together the butter, sugar, peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy. 
  • Beat in the egg, vanilla and milk. 
  • Add the dry ingredients mixture; mix well. 
  • Cut peanut butter cups and fold into the cookie batter with a rubber spatula. 
  • Scoop onto a greased cookie sheet or silpat mat.  
Bake for 8-10 minutes. 

Enjoy with a big glass of milk! 

Recipe adapted from: here 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs