Anyway, this soup is good. I whipped it up after work this week in no time. Stay tuned, I will post what we dipped into this creamy goodness very soon.
Ps. Seriously, daylight savings time is KILLING my pictures. I apologize. From now on you will be able to tell what I make on weekdays vs. week nights. Please bear with me until the spring...or until I can convince Mr. Schwartz to let me stay at home and blog all day! : )
EDIT since this first posted: I am teaming up for SOUPAPALOOZA for this recipe!!!! Come join SoupaPalooza at TidyMom and Dine and Dish sponsored by KitchenAid, Red Star Yeast and Le Creuset. I'm so excited for this amazing opportunity and giveaway!
Musical Selection: Lasso by Phoenix
Tomato Tortellini Soup
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups half-and-half (Fat free is okay)
- 1/2 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes or two tablespoons sundried tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Sauté garlic with the olive oil in a large stock pot until golden brown. Be sure to keep an eye on it so it doesn't get too brown or burnt.
- Add tomato soup, milk, half and half, chicken stock and spices. Bring to a simmer. Once simmering, drop noodles into the soup. Cook according to the package directions. Mine take about 8 minutes.
- After noodles are cooked, ladle into bowls and top with parmesan cheese and serve with crusty bread.
Recipe adapted from: here