Pumpkin Waffles

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Ready for the easiest recipe ever!?  Well here it is, Pumpkin Waffles.  As you may know, I had a Lady Party two weekends ago.  I made Pumpkin Whoopie pies and the recipe didn't call for the entire can of pumpkin puree.  What to do, what to do?  My mom stayed over the night before so I figured I would make some pumpkin waffles and I'm glad I did! These babies were as tasty as they were easy.  

Here it goes.  

Musical Selection: That's Beautiful To Me by: Jared and The Long Road to Love .  It was my good friends Heather and Joe's first dance song.  They just had their first Anniversary this month and I love this song and them. : ) 
Start by mixing up your favorite brand of waffles from a mix.  If you are super cool you will make home made from scratch blah blah blah.  To be honest, it doesn't matter for this recipe since you are "dressing it up" anyway.  So, add a few tablespoons of pumpkin puree.  I added two tablespoons since I was just making waffles for two.
Then a teaspoon plus a dash of pumpkin pie spices.
Give it a mix and make waffles as usual.
Top with butter (well margarine for me), syrup and of course whipped cream. This baby tastes just like pumpkin pie.
Yes please!!!! 

Pumpkin Waffles 
2 1/2 cups Pancake/waffle mix
1 1/4 cups cold water
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon plus a dash of pumpkin pie spice
syrup, margarine/butter, whipped cream for topping 

Mix all ingredients together (minus the toppings) until they are just combined.  

Pour batter into waffle iron until golden on the outside.  This will take about 5 minutes depending on your waffle iron.  

Spread with margarine/butter, drizzle with syrup and top with whipped cream.  

Enjoy!!! 

Recipe from: Mrs. Schwartz 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs