Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Did you make the Pulled Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches with the Blue Cheese Celery Slaw last night like I told you?  I hope so because umm... then you could make these Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas!  I made them today and Mr. Schwartz said they were "happily delicious."  Whatever that means.  

But, make these, I'm telling you, they. are. awesome.  And stay tuned, fun stuff as in ahem, A GIVEAWAY is coming soon.  Like tomorrow if I can get it figured out!  Yay!  This is going to be fun. 

Now off to watch the Golden Globes.  Wee! 

Musical Selection:  I Wanna Die by: Miranda Lambert.  If I was a good singer I would belt this out in karaoke for sure.  I seriously visualize myself singing it every time I listen to it.  I'm a dork. 
Start by drizzling a little canola oil into a large skillet on medium high heat.
Place a flour tortilla in the pan and use your hand to spread around the oil evenly.
Add some mozzarella cheese.  Mr. Schwartz added cheddar too.  Use whatever cheese you have on hand.
Add the pulled buffalo chicken.  I microwaved it just a bit to take the chill off.
Top with additional cheese.  This will assist the quesadilla to stick together.
Top with another tortilla. Let cook for about two minutes or until the cheese begins to melt and the tortilla starts to brown like....
This.  Cook for an additional two minutes or until all the cheese has melted.
Cut into triangles.
And serve with the slaw.
Oh goodness, this is fantastic!  Happy leftover eating : ) 

Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas 

2 large flour tortillas
1/2 cup mozzarella and or cheddar cheese 
1/2 cup pulled buffalo chicken (recipe found: here
left over Blue Cheese and Celery Slaw (recipe found: here

Preheat a large skillet with a drizzle of canola or vegetable oil.  Place one of the tortillas in the skillet and move it around to distribute the oil evenly.  Add 1/4 cup of the cheese on top of the tortilla.  Place the buffalo chicken (I heated mine up in the microwave for about two minutes on high first) on the cheese and top with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese.  Place the other tortilla on top. 

Cook for about two minutes and flip the quesadilla and cook for an additional two minutes or until all of the cheese is melted.  Cut into triangles and enjoy with the slaw! 

Recipe by: Mrs. Schwartz 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs