Creamy Pork Chops

Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy 2012 everyone!!!  I hope you had a fantastic New Year's Eve.  We sure did, it was fun to see friends new and old.  We are really looking forward to what is in store for this year.  

But, really, let's cut to the chase....this is for sure the easiest crock pot recipe yet.  And, one of the best if I do say so myself.  I made it one morning before work and came home to my house smelling wonderful and dinner 90% done.  It really doesn't get better than that. 

Today is my last day of winter break and wow, it has been so nice to have this time off.  Back to the grind tomorrow.  Maybe I'll pop this recipe in the crock pot to ease my way back into the working world.  


Musical Selection: Something Good Can Work by: Two Door Cinema Club. 
Start by mixing two cans of either cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup (or a combination of the two) with a packet of Italian Dressing seasoning.  Pour 1/2 of that mixture into a crock pot that has been sprayed with cooking spray.  Lay your pork chops on top of that.
Season liberally with salt and pepper. More with pepper than salt, the soups tend to have a lot of sodium in them.
Chop up 1/2 an onion and add to the party.
Top with remaining soup mixture.  Don't worry if it doesn't cover it all. It will be okay.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Or well, I went to work at 7 and came home at 5:15. You do the math...that's why I went into psychology...no math required. Shhh....
When I got home, I took out the pork chops and added a little Kitchen Bouquet.  What is that, who knows. It is something my mom has always had in her kitchen and now, so do I.  I use it in sauces that I think will look more appealing if they are a little darker.  I hear that it also adds some flavor.  Whatevs.  Drizzle some in (if you have it) and give it a stir.  Be careful, a little goes a long way.
Serve with veggies and some mashed potatoes.  I hate making mashed potatoes so I picked up some refrigerated potatoes on my way home from work.  It's just one of those things that I despise.
Top with additional gravy...ahhh yep. 
Perfectly tender pork.  I could swim in that sauce.  

Creamy Pork Chops: 

2 cans of cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup (or one of each) 
1 packet Italian Dressing Seasoning
4 large pork chops
Salt and pepper to taste 
1/2 onion, quartered
1 teaspoon (or more depending on what color you are going for) Kitchen Bouquet 

Mix the soups and the Italian Seasoning packet together.  Pour 1/2 of the mixture into a crock pot that has been sprayed with cooking spray.  Lay the pork chops on the sauce.  Season sparingly with salt and liberally with pepper.  Add the quartered onions and top with remaining sauce. 

Cook on low for at least 6 hours.  When fully cooked, take the pork chops out of the sauce and add Kitchen Bouquet until you reach the desired color.  

Serve with mashed potatoes and veggies.  

Enjoy!!!

Recipe by: Mrs. Schwartz 

4 comments :

  1. I made these tonight, I used zesty ranch seasoning because it's waht I had on hand an oh my they were delicious! Thanks for the great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, I'm so glad you liked them. Love the change up! I will have to try ranch seasoning next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this sounds bad but what is Kitchen Bouget?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You didnt add the milk portion to the cans of mushroom soup did you?

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs