Restaurant Style Salsa

Thursday, May 24, 2012


Oh, this one is good.  I mean real good.  Are you someone who goes to a Mexican restaurant and fills up on chips and salsa then when your "actual" food shows up you are like, where is that going to go?  Then you see it has melty queso all over it and you know exactly where it is going--your thighs?  Umm yeah, me either.  

I saw this salsa a while back on Brown Eyed Baker's site and I knew I had to make it.  I did and we were in love.  It is perfect for topping eggs, tacos and having for dinner with beers and lime when your husband is playing softball.  Again, not me just throwing out possibilities.  Enjoy friends.

Musical Selection: Summer Nights by Rascal Flatts.  It's about that time.
The recipe couldn't be any easier, you just need a food processor or a blender.  Pop the canned tomatoes in...
Along with the Rotel
Onion
Jalapeno, de seed and de vein if you don't like much heat--I kept the veins in if you can see...
Juice of 1/2 a lime
Garlic
Cilantro
Salt
Sugar and give it a whirl until it reaches your desired consistency.
I like it nice and thin--I hate big chunks of tomato so this is perfect.
Heavenly.
I'm out of corn chips....and beer.

Restaurant Style Salsa


28 oz can whole tomatoes, peeled
2 10 oz cans rotel (diced tomatoes with green chilies)
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 jalapeno, cut in half, deseed and devein if you want less spice
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
Juice of 1/2 a lime
1/4 teaspoon to 1/2 teaspoon salt depending on your taste
1/4 teaspoon sugar


Place all ingredients in food processor or blender and pulse until you reach your desired consistency.  Place in the refrigerator for at least an hour for the flavors to come together.  It gets even better over night!

Note this makes a large amount of salsa--you can work in batches with your food processor/blender.   I used a blender and it worked great.

Enjoy!

Recipe slightly adapted from: here


2 comments :

  1. amazon review site providing customers with valuable reviews and comparisons of todays top blenders.
    immersion blender

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing sauce MRS. SCHWARTZ love to see more. I also made a site related to blenders I want you to see it: top 10 blenders

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs