Easy Artichoke Bread

Thursday, May 16, 2013


Ready for one of the easiest appetizers of all time?  Well friends, here it comes.  I was craving artichoke dip after devouring it post-bar last weekend during a Bachelorette party.  It was creamy, delicious and the best food I have ever eaten.  I'm sure it didn't have anything to do with the fact I slung back a few shots and a couple (hundred) beers.  

So last night I wanted to re-create things a bit.  I didn't have the recipe from the other night but I did have a good idea of what was in there.  I have to say, this version has a bit more flavor (if I'm remembering correctly--it's a bit foggy) due to the red pepper flakes.  This recipe would be perfect for entertaining or like we had it, on a random Wednesday night with a big salad.  
Start with a block of cream cheese.  I used 1/3 the fat variety.
Grab a jar of these guys.  I love these artichoke hearts from TJ's.
Give them a good chop.  Toss them in the bowl with the cream cheese
Grate in a few cloves of garlic.  If you don't have a microplane, just give them a really good mince.
Toss in some parmesan cheese
Season All Salt
Black pepper
Red pepper flakes
And some dried parsley for a bit of color.  Give it a good stir.
And slather it all over a loaf of ciabatta bread
Sprinkle with a little more parm and into the oven they go
This is the end result.
Yep
Slice it up
And mow it down


Easy Artichoke Bread

8 oz cream cheese (1/3 the fat is okay)
8 oz marinated artichokes, chopped 
1 cup parmesan cheese + 2 tablespoons or so for topping
1/2 teaspoon Season All Salt
15 cracks of black pepper (or about 1/8 of a teaspoon)
A large pinch of red pepper flakes 
3/4 teaspoon of dried parsley
1 loaf of ciabatta bread 

Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees. 

Combine the cream cheese (it's easier if it's at room temp), artichokes, parmesan cheese, Season All Salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and dried parsley.  Stir until fully combined.  

Cut the ciabatta bread in half and spread the artichoke dip over the inside of the loaf.  Sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese.  

Place on a baking sheet and put into the oven for 25 minutes.  After 25 minutes, check to see how it is doing.  Bake until the top starts to turn golden brown and is heated through.  

Slice into strips and enjoy!  

Recipe by: Mrs. Schwartz 

**Note, if you don't want to serve the dip ON the bread, you can put it in a baking dish and bake for about 20 minutes or until the top turns golden brown and is heated through. Serve with chips or sliced crusty bread.**

3 comments :

  1. Ok, you had me drooling since last night on Instagram! This looks SUPER fantastic! I might just have to put my blog to-do list on hold and make this recipe! YUM! One question, do you think I could use less cream cheese?
    Can't wait to try!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make a recipe just like this only i used sweet red roasted peppers and asiago cheese-(it's all i had in my house)-it's so very tasty-but i will try yours for sure-thank you-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made this for my friend and I on our Bachelorette TV night! AMAZING!!! Super yummy!!! I had some left over, so I cooked up some chicken the next day and placed it on top, re-baked it and had a yummy lunch!!! Definitely making it again... sounds good for tonight.... :)

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs