Fancy Ham and Egg Biscuits

Monday, November 11, 2013

Oh Hey, Hi, remember me?  I know, I have been out for a bit but I have good reason.  1. it gets dark at about 4:00 now which is not so fantastic for pictures.  That leaves the weekend for blogging and well basically we have been living in a constant state of dreary for the last few weekends.  On top of that, 2. my husband is a big hunter and he has been gone meaning I am at my parents house...for the most part. So please, bear with me.  I promise I have fun stuff coming down the line.  

Like these for instance, the easiest fancy breakfast you could prepare.  Let me explain...
Start with canned biscuits.  See, easy?
Bake them according to the directions on the package.
Meanwhile, crack a few eggs
Pour in a splash of milk
Season with some Seasoned Salt (this is my all time favorite) or just salt and pepper. Give them a good whisk...like below (it won't let me edit under the picture...what is going on here!?)
Chop up some chives
Slice up some ham
Scramble the eggs like you always do...well always should.  On medium low heat, constantly stirring with a rubber spatula.  Low and slow...low and slow.  I promise it is worth it.  Once the eggs are almost done, add in the ham
Chives
Some cheddar cheese
And give it a quick toss
Split open your biscuits and place a little egg mixture on one half, and top it off with the other half.
Voila!
Fancy looking breakfast for just about as little effort as possible. 
I won't tell anyone.  I promise.



Fancy Ham and Egg Biscuits
(makes 8)

1 can large refrigerated biscuits (mine had 8 in it)
8 eggs
1 1/2 tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon Seasoned Salt (or 1/4 salt and 1/8 pepper)
Cooking spray
1 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
2/3 cup deli ham, sliced thin
1/2 cup shredded cheese (I used cheddar but Swiss would be great too)

Start by baking the biscuits according to the directions on the can.

While the biscuits are in the oven, crack the eggs into a medium bowl.  Pour in the milk and add the seasoned salt.  Give it a good whisk to fully incorporate everything.

Liberally spray a medium skillet with the cooking spray and place on a burner on medium low heat.  Pour in the egg mixture.  Using a rubber spatula, stir stir stir stir those eggs.  Keep them on medium low heat.  The key to fluffy eggs is low and slow.

Once the eggs are almost done, add the ham and chives.  Then add the cheese and give it a good stir.

Split the biscuits and spoon on a little of the egg mixture.  Place the top of the biscuit back on and serve!

Enjoy!

Recipe by: Mrs. Schwartz

1 comment :

  1. Yum! I love breakfasts like these to change things up from cereal or bagels.

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs