Lush Lemon Pudding Cake

Tuesday, April 22, 2014


To be honest, I haven't had a lot of cravings with my pregnancy.  I have to say I have had more aversions (to food in general--except for mac and cheese and Ramen…poor baby) but the one flavor I have continued to crave is LEMON.  Luckily spring is lemon season.  

And, speaking of, Tastefully Simple came out with their new Spring and Summer product line and I was given a choice of products to review.  The Lush Lemon Pudding Cake Mix jumped right out at me.  I made it last weekend for my two equally lemon-loving family members (my husband and mom) and we all gave it rave reviews.  

As usual, this dessert couldn't be more simple.  Considering I feel like I'm going to toss my cookies at any given moment, I am thankful for the ease of the Tastefully Simple products.  A little cold and hot water, some mixing and this baby was in the oven.  Let me show you how easy it is… 

First, the packaging, seriously cute right?  Love the light blue and yellow.
Take packet 1 and pour it into a bowl
Combine with cold water and stir.
Spread into a greased 8x8 pan
Sprinkle with packet 2
Pour hot water over everything.  Into the oven it goes for 30-35 minutes
And it has transformed into a pudding cake; crispy on top pudding on bottom.  So good.
I garnished the dessert with a little whipped cream and twist of lemon. 
And it was lemon-y perfection.
I have a feeling I will be making this again in the very near future…for the baby of course :) 


**DISCLAIMER: I was compensated for this post since I am a blogger in Project Simplicity for Tastefully Simple.  I was also provided with the product.  But, as always all opinions are my own since you cannot buy my love, baby.** 



2 comments :

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs