Caramelized Onion Dip and Pretzel Roll Dippers

Wednesday, December 31, 2014


Can you believe it's already December 31st!?  I absolutely cannot.  I recall last NYE, prepping for an epic party while secretly hiding my pregnancy.  

This year is looking much different than last in that my husband and I are going to be staying in with the baby.  We will put her to bed and then break out the bubbly and a few appetizers to watch the ball drop...or at least attempt to stay up that late!  Is there anything better than little appetizers?  I seriously don't think so.  Tastefully Simple makes it so easy on a mama to make them too!  I recently tried out the Caramelized Onion Dip and Salted Pretzel Rolls and wow was I blown away.  
 Start with this luscious Caramelized Onion Dip Starter 
 Pour it in a medium bowl with a block of cream cheese.  I popped the cream cheese in the microwave for 30 seconds to soften it.
 Add Swiss cheese and combine
 Pour it into a small slow cooker (sprayed with cooking spray to prevent sticking) and put on high or low heat depending on when you would like to devour it.
 For the Salted Pretzel Rolls: combine warm water (yes I know you can't really tell there is water in there)
 And the yeast packet
 Give it a good stir and let it rest to bloom
 Pour in the other mixture and stir
 It will look something like this
 Then get in there with your paws and give a good knead.
 Until it is completely combined
 Cover and let it rest
 After the dough has rested, combine warm water and baking soda to make a little cozy bath
 Divide the dough into 12 balls (I ended up with 16) and dip them into the baking soda bath.  This helps create that unmistakable pretzel crust
 Snip with a  scissors
 And sprinkle with the pretzel salt.  Uh I love pretzel salt!
 Bake and TA-DA! They will come out all golden brown like this.  Word to the wise, make them in better balls than I did, mine were seriously misshapen!
 By the time the Salted Pretzel Rolls are done, the dip will be too, if you put it on high.  Give it a quick stir and it is ready to serve.
 See, cheesy goodness!
 How cute is that!?
 And tasty I do have to say!  That dip has so much flavor and I can only imagine how much more flavor it would have if I let it cook longer.  But let's be honest, there isn't much "time" these days with the baby!
And those Salted Pretzel Rolls have the awesome soft pretzel exterior and fluffy interior! Love.

What will you be making for New Year's Eve this year!?

Caramelized Onion Dip

1/2 cup Caramelized Onion Dip
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup shredded Swiss Cheese

Combine all ingredients.  Pour into a small slow cooker that has been sprayed with cooking spray.  Ready in about 15 minutes if you cook on high.


Salted Pretzel Rolls 

1 box Salted Pretzel Roll Mix
3 cups warm water
3 tablespoons baking soda

Combine the yeast packet and warm water and let bloom.  Add in the mix and stir until combined.  Knead for 2-3 minutes.  Let rest.  Combine warm water and baking soda.  Roll dough into little balls and dip into the baking soda water mixture.  Place on a baking sheet (I used mine lined with a Silpat Mat) and bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs