Garlic Bread Pizza With Meatballs

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Lately, I have been wondering if you had a chance to make these.  I made them awhile ago.  Mr. Schwartz and I gobbled them down and froze the rest.  Friday we reheated the meatballs and sauce and gobbled them down once again.  Today I wanted to use the last three meatballs but I wasn't feeling pasta.  Checked out the freezer and BAM the idea struck me: Garlic Bread Pizza.  

There is a little pizza joint in my home town, Marnatelli's, that makes the best pizza. Ever.  They also make these little garlic bread pizzas that are fantastic.  I think they turned out pretty good.  These would be good for a little appetizer as well.  

Enjoy! 

Musical Selection: Animal by Neon Trees. I don't know why but I really love this song.
 Sart by baking the bread (according to the instructions).  The instructions for this frozen garlic bread said bake at 450 for 10 minutes.  I put it back into the oven after it was topped so I only baked it (without the toppings) for 5 minutes at 450.  Did that make any sense at all?
 I heated up the meatballs and sauce and topped the baked garlic bread with them.  As you can see I cut the meatballs in half.  Try to not notice the baking sheet. What a pile of garbage.
 I added some pepperoni's as well.  They really were not necessary though.  But, you could add other pizza toppings as well.  This garlic bread is your oyster.
 Top with a little mozzarella.
 I always top my pizzas with pizza seasoning as well. Bake for about 5 minutes again at 450 and...
 This will come out of your oven. Serve with additional sauce.  Also, to get the golden delicious cheese,  I broiled mine for about a minute on high after I baked it.  Pay attention though I have burned tons of goodies on broil.
Cheesy goodness. 
Mmmm....humm. Saucy. 



Garlic Bread Pizza
1 loaf of frozen garlic bread
Pizza Sauce
Pizza toppings: Your choice
Meatballs and sauce
Pepperoni
Mushrooms
Sausage
Onions
Peppers
Mozzarella cheese 
Pizza Seasoning
Additional Sauce for dipping

Instruction:

Preheat the oven at 450 degrees

Bake the frozen garlic bread for 5 minutes

Heat up the meatballs if you are using them, top the garlic toast with your choice of toppings.

Add the cheese and sprinkle with pizza seasoning.

Bake for an additional 5 minutes.

Broil for 1 minute on high, if you wish to have golden cheese on the top.

Serve with additional sauce.

Enjoy!!!

Recipe by: Mrs. Schwartz

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs